Saturday, July 07, 2007

Flight Helmets

Around noon, myself, Chuck and Judy all headed out to Kokomo airport, where Nathan had arrived with a "Mold Kit" for my head.

I haven't really been looking forward to this, but it wasn't as bad as I expected. (Yes Chuck, you were right.) :) You take this wax stuff, and shove it on your head and form it to your head. Once it hardens a little, you pry it back off, make a ton of head and face measurements, and ship it off with instructions as to color and accessories (oxygen ports, noise-cancelling headset, etc.). In a few months, in the mail comes your flight helmet, fitted to work with your exact pointy little head. Well, my head isn't pointy, but it is kind of little. I'm going to post pictures Chuck took. I look ridiculous, but I guess that's the point. If you dare laugh...you won't be the first. I KNOW I heard Chuck...chuckling back there. And Nathan's comment was "There sure is a lot of air in here." Heeeeey. I *hate* stuff on my head, but because I could see straight down to the floor and nothing was under my nose, I could breathe, so...good enough.


Mental Note To Self: I do NOT look good bald.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hey girl,

Nice helmet head! :)

When I first set up my blog, I didn't see that the templates had other choices. I saw that later, as I was looking at them again. There is another one that I like. Don't be surprised if the blog changes ever so often.

I think I am going to love doing this. I was hesitant at first. Like you have said, I felt weird. I am having fun with it. I ramble a lot, but it's my blog, I can do that. :)

me