Not "when I grow up I want to" dreams, or "I have a dream" dreams, or "some day I hope to" dreams, but literal dreams, and not nice ones.
Last night Kaylee was walking and talking in her sleep, and she was pretty upset and scared, although at least this time it wasn't about fire. Steve got up with her and put her back in bed, and she never really woke up even though she was conversing. That's always kind of weird.
After that, *I* had a nightmare too. I used to have very vivid and usually bad dreams, and I remembered every detail. Since Devon, I just haven't really remembered a lot of my dreams any more. But I sure recognized this one, not only because it was vivid enough to wake me up with my heart racing, but because I've had versions of it before. Not this exact same dream, but super close-a version of the same dream. It always starts off feeling normal and fine, and then suddenly something makes me realize that I'm in the midst of something very scary and bad, and nobody can see it but me. Ick.
I don't much care for THAT kind of dream!
Now, back to the Mecca Chronicles!
1 comment:
I have enjoyed reading your blog about your adventures (altho not the nightmares!) and sooo wished I was parked in the campsite next to you! Did I ever tell you that in a previous life I lived in Germany for 3 years at the first base to have the F-16s and I fondly remember the dishes rattling and the plants shaking every time the jets took off with the afterburners roaring. I was one of those goofy people you'd see standing there with their mouths gaping open in wonder. Camping and listening to the Beach Boys ....doesn't get much better than that! Miss you!! Suzanne
Post a Comment