The plane started and the weather cooperated. It was another hot muggy one, one of those days where you're already sweating at 9 am; one of those days I can't stand. But once we got loaded up and headed out, we did the finger crossing dance, held our breath, I hit the Master switch, and away she went. It was about 90 minutes home. The flight home was really pretty; I wish I'd had my camera up front. When we left out of Kentucky Dam, there was a broken ceiling of some building cumulus clouds. I picked up my IFR clearance in the air, and as I was climbing through the clouds, they were just far apart enough I could "canyon fly" around them. That's when you have these big puffy white clouds kind of close together and you weave in and out and around them without going through many of them. You get a sense for how fast you are really going when you're racing past/around them, and with the blue skies in the background, it's just pretty, and a little majestic. Once I got on top of the clouds, it was pretty clear sailing all the way home. No big turbulence and no spilled Diet Coke this time. :)
Pictures are up. These photos mostly just have Kaylee in them, and these photos have the other family members at the reunion in them.
Let's see. Some things from this weekend...
Kaylee learned about Maid Service. We came back from the boat the first day, and she walked in the room and stopped and said "Hey, somebody cleaned our room!" When we explained that it was the maid service, Kaylee said in wonder "They Make your BED for you and they clean up your bathroom too??" She wants one at home now. Next she wanted to know if our maid was a boy or a girl, and then she said we should clean up our own room so the maid didn't have to clean up our mess for us. Apparently she'd had a similar conversation with her father, because the next thing she said was that they got paid to clean the room and we didn't want to take their money away by cleaning it for them. This is how her mind works. :) Anyway, each day that we came in and our beds were made and floor vacuumed and bathroom spic and span with fresh towels, she got a kick out of it. I wouldn't mind walking in my house and seeing the same thing either!
She also caught another fish. Her cousin Jake had tried fishing off the docks for a couple of days with no success. Kaylee gets out there with her little rod and within minutes she's snagged a striper. In fact, she saw the fish in the water, went and got a pole, stuck the bait in the water by the fish, and snagged the thing within just a few minutes. She caught the fish in front of an entire group of people, which is the way one should catch a fish if one is a fisherperson-two other boatloads of people watched her reel him up, and she got a round of applause. Shortly after that, her father broke her fishing pole, so her days of fishing were over for the weekend, but at least she had success first.
I don't remember off-hand what other stories there were, so I'll finish today and if they come to me, great, if not...won't be the first (or last) time I forgot something.
I couldn't sleep for anything last night, I was awake up until it started getting light out. Which meant I was dragging my heels today. I hand flew most of the way home just to keep myself awake, and the sad side effect of me not getting any sleep usually comes with a bit of the crankies. So my apologies to anyone I ran into today if I was less than my usual brilliantly pleasant self. ;) Seriously, I'm TIRED. In fact I just yawned while typing the word 'tired'...
When we landed at Kokomo, we fueled up the Baron, put it away, loaded up the car, wiped down the Baron, stopped at Arby's (Kaylee has a new favorite-I made her try roast beef once and she loves it), unloaded all the stuff at home, hopped back in the car, hit the post office, hit the computer store (they were temporarily closed), hit Glenndale to pick up my car, left Steve at Glenndale and took Kaylee home...put her in her room for a little wind down time, unloaded and edited all my pictures, started to unpack my bag and ran out of energy. Dinner? Who needs dinner?
For now, Kaylee is braiding my hair, and putting make up on both of us, and Steve is trying to get some work done at the office since we only have until Thursday night, and we're gone to Oshkosh for a long time. I guess I'd better put some laundry in and figure out food...
No comments:
Post a Comment