Kaylee's swim lessons went better today! She put her whole body under water and counted to "two" before coming back up, did a little back and front float (while the instructor had an arm under her), and generally did what she was asked to do. She still hates water on her face, and I heard her complaining that she wanted a towel to wipe off her face after she dunked, but she got over it. So, I'd call today "swim progress". One of the boys in her swim class kept splashing her and others, and not listening well, and I found out today the dad was begging them to let him stay in the swim class. I guess he had been asked to take his son out until he would listen to the instructors. The dad said his son was hyperactive, had a disorder (ADHD maybe) and couldn't listen to anybody for long but asked them to please let him stay and learn as long as the instructors would agree and could handle him. They agreed to give it another try. The dad was sitting next to me, and the manager came over and said "I only observed for a few minutes, but I knew right away which one was xxxxx. I informed the instructors, and they're willing to try now that they know." Actually, the boy seemed to be pretty good at swimming, from what I saw!
This morning I ran the Scooba. Success! I really like this thing, it wins in my book. I took out the kitchen chairs, filled up the tank with warm water and cleaning solution, hit the "clean" button, and away it went for an hour. It picked up the cat hair and food crumbles, it mopped and scrubbed, and then it went up and sucked up the remaining water on the floor. When it was done it stopped about where I started it, and beeped a couple times at me. I emptied the 'dirty tank', rinsed out the filter, and decided to run it again. The dirty water never re-touches the floor, only the clean water. It does a really thorough job of hitting every square foot in the room. It bounces well off of walls or furniture, and it does get sticky spots and everything. Best of all, I have to do no big buckets, I don't have to sweep the floor and then scrub it with a mop. No wringing or germy mop heads or dirty water being recycled on the floor. I just have to pour water in and out of a tank, move some chairs, and go do something else for an hour while my iRobot Scooba does all the work. I liked it so much I did Kaylee's bathroom next, where it did a beautiful job, and then on to my bathroom where the battery died mid-scrub. So I have it charging up again in there, and shortly I'll have it go finish that small space. I'm impressed, my kitchen and guest bathroom floors look terrific, and I had the entire effort of picking up the machine, putting it down, hitting a button, and emptying/filling water. I even left kitty crunchies on the floor, and it got them. So, as long as it continues to work without issues, I give the thing a thumbs-up! Some technology, I love. ;)
The crew had lunch at Culvers today. I really like their pecan blue-cheese avocado salad. And their turtle sundaes don't hurt. ;) Then Nathan went off to fly the Mustang for awhile, Steve went off to fly a 172, Chuck went off to help, and I went home to let Kaylee have a little friend over for playtime for a few hours. *sigh*
Nicole was over until 8:30 pm, and then I sent her home, put Kaylee in bed, and now I'm going to get some work done. It was a beautiful flying day, and is supposed to be a beautiful flying week. I wish Kaylee had a place to go for several hours, as I've got some things I need to do with planes. Get the Baron to Muncie. Fly the Decathlon a bit more, and the Cub too, to get current and ready to instruct in those. I still need to do more WAAS approaches in the Baron as well, so that the next time I take a trip and need to do it for real, I'll be comfortable. Well, we'll see what tomorrow brings...
1 comment:
Ok ... so the Scooba ... does it clean tile/grout??? I've been wondering for a while now just HONESTLY how this thing worked, so I'm glad to hear it works ... now I NEED ONE!!!
Post a Comment