We headed over, and she was a little excited to see the pool. She was supposed to be with other kids at her same level, but at least two of the other kids already knew "strokes" and how to float on their backs, etc. She was the only one who had to be coerced into putting her face in the water, and the only one who refused to stick her head in and blow bubbles. Poor thing. She does fine in the water as long as
she doesn't have to put her face in it. There are three other kids there who like her don't know anything about swimming, so she's not alone, she's just the most fearful about water on the face. I was hoping peer pressure would make her do it, but apparently peer pressure doesn't work as well on those independently minded children. Which is actually a good thing most of the time. ;) But she did do well with everything else, and she had a great time. She was mad that she had to leave after 30 minutes, and wanted to go swim and play for real/fun. In the photo, she's in the rainbow suit. She is interesting to watch. She spoke to both instructors, and the one who took the time to interact with her, she stayed close to the whole time. She doesn't feel out the kids as much, she just hopped in and played with one of the boys at "free" time, but she always feels out her teachers/instructors and talks to them, and when she finds one who treats her like a person, she stays and chats with them even if it's in the middle of a class. It's kind of sweet. Once we got home, I threw her in the tub to wash off Kentucky Lake water, hangar floor dirt off her feet, sunscreen, and now pool water. She's a petri dish of what we've done these last few days. :)
I've been trying to figure out why the outside of my ankles hurt. Ah yes, the hike. I should have really had on supportive shoes...right now I'm walking stiff-legged like a penguin. Man, I'm in sad shape.
I bought a new thing today. It's an iRobot Scooba. It's supposed to clean my kitchen and bathroom floors without any effort from me. Since I hate cleaning my kitchen and bathroom floors, we shall see how it does. A lady I know got one and she said she was really impressed with it, so I gave it a shot. It is right now charging up in the corner, and tomorrow I will set it loose on my kitchen. It says you don't even have to sweep first unless you have "pebbles" or "large food items" on the floor. Well, I don't (yet), so we'll see how it goes. I can turn it on and leave to run errands and come home to a clean kitchen floor. I'm not convinced yet-I'll get back to you tomorrow. ;)
This afternoon was Kaylee's first day back to ballet since her recital. She thought she had "graduated" from ballet and was shocked that she had a lesson today. She was glad, just surprised. Our dance studio had doubled in size over this 2-week break. They'd bought out the business next door, knocked out the wall, and now have a studio that is a real-sized stage. It looks great, and I'm so happy for Cari (the owner).
I guess that's it for now. I need to do some laundry and some straightening up. And I need to start thinking about my Tuesday Top Ten, as it could be a tough one! Maybe I'll just make it flippant instead of serious and save myself some effort and therapy. ;)
she doesn't have to put her face in it. There are three other kids there who like her don't know anything about swimming, so she's not alone, she's just the most fearful about water on the face. I was hoping peer pressure would make her do it, but apparently peer pressure doesn't work as well on those independently minded children. Which is actually a good thing most of the time. ;) But she did do well with everything else, and she had a great time. She was mad that she had to leave after 30 minutes, and wanted to go swim and play for real/fun. In the photo, she's in the rainbow suit. She is interesting to watch. She spoke to both instructors, and the one who took the time to interact with her, she stayed close to the whole time. She doesn't feel out the kids as much, she just hopped in and played with one of the boys at "free" time, but she always feels out her teachers/instructors and talks to them, and when she finds one who treats her like a person, she stays and chats with them even if it's in the middle of a class. It's kind of sweet. Once we got home, I threw her in the tub to wash off Kentucky Lake water, hangar floor dirt off her feet, sunscreen, and now pool water. She's a petri dish of what we've done these last few days. :)I've been trying to figure out why the outside of my ankles hurt. Ah yes, the hike. I should have really had on supportive shoes...right now I'm walking stiff-legged like a penguin. Man, I'm in sad shape.
I bought a new thing today. It's an iRobot Scooba. It's supposed to clean my kitchen and bathroom floors without any effort from me. Since I hate cleaning my kitchen and bathroom floors, we shall see how it does. A lady I know got one and she said she was really impressed with it, so I gave it a shot. It is right now charging up in the corner, and tomorrow I will set it loose on my kitchen. It says you don't even have to sweep first unless you have "pebbles" or "large food items" on the floor. Well, I don't (yet), so we'll see how it goes. I can turn it on and leave to run errands and come home to a clean kitchen floor. I'm not convinced yet-I'll get back to you tomorrow. ;)
This afternoon was Kaylee's first day back to ballet since her recital. She thought she had "graduated" from ballet and was shocked that she had a lesson today. She was glad, just surprised. Our dance studio had doubled in size over this 2-week break. They'd bought out the business next door, knocked out the wall, and now have a studio that is a real-sized stage. It looks great, and I'm so happy for Cari (the owner).
I guess that's it for now. I need to do some laundry and some straightening up. And I need to start thinking about my Tuesday Top Ten, as it could be a tough one! Maybe I'll just make it flippant instead of serious and save myself some effort and therapy. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment