
Thank you. Now where was I.
Oh yes! The weekend. Friday was busy, as always. That evening after work, we packed up and went to the airport, and Kaylee hung out with Jamie, and I brought in pizza, and a group of us had an evening. The weather was no good, so mostly people just got ready for Saturday. Kaylee was exhausted, and fell asleep in bed with her dress on.
Steve got up early, and headed out to Kokomo on Saturday, and the guys prepared for a Bonanza Society Formation Flying group that came in. I waited until 8:15, and finally went in and woke up Kaylee and got her ready, and we headed out as well. Kaylee spent the day playing again, riding around on her Razor scooter with Jamie, eating junk food (like the rest of us) and occasionally stopping to watch TV. But mostly playing. Justin was grill-master, Chuck was still recuperating from a medicine reaction from last week, Nathan was host, and the rest of us just tried to help where we could or stay out of the way. After lunch, I went up in the Bellanca for the first time in...many many months. Don't even remember the last time. Did three TOLS in it. By the time we got back down, the winds had picked up to 27 knot gusts. Then Steve hopped in the Bellanca with me and he did one Take off and Landing, and we called it a day. Turbulent and bumpy. Steve and Nathan flew the 172RG for a few TOLS, and I was going to go up in the 172SP, but it was being cleaned all day, and I do mean all day! It is now a very pretty looking airplane. It ended up being too windy to mess with the Twin Beech today, but the chargers are on it for the dead batteries, and a little chair flying did locate all the switches and gauges. :)
Nathan did get out the Mustang, and fire it up and run it up for the first time in six months. I bent down to pull the chocks out from under his wheels, and felt my pants rip. No problem, except the material was so thin and worn, that the next time I moved, I felt my pants rip ALL THE WAY. My long t-shirt couldn't even cover the giant tear in my pants. So I ran over to Dawn's trailer and begged a pair of sweats off of her, and fortunately she had some, or I'd have had to sit in one spot the rest of the evening, or go home! My pants tore all the way down my leg! Unreal.
Right around dusk, Nathan decided to run up the Mustang one more time, but this time he offered to let me start it up and run it a bit, and I didn't have to be asked twice! My legs are JUST long enough to fully depress and hold the brakes, but they get the job done. I'm trying to figure out what to say about it, and I can't, so...here are the photos! Really, the few times I've found myself speechless have been related to the Mustang.
After we put the planes away, and closed up the hangars, we sat around a campfire with a few beverages, and relaxed until it was time to come home, sometime around 10:30 pm.
Now this was quite a good day. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment