I got Kaylee to school today, then headed out to Kokomo to fly with Chuck in the Baron. A little pre-checkride prep. It was a good day for it.
Had lunch at Applebees with Steve, Chuck & Nathan, and then those three went off to Huntington to check on the 6 and to Muncie for who knows what. I went back to Glenndale for awhile to answer the phone if it rang, then hit the post office, grocery store, and the motorcycle shop (to pick up the battery for my Suzuki). Then off to get Kaylee, bring her home for a snack, make a couple of phone calls, and then head off to ballet. For her, not me. I'd look ridiculous in a tu-tu.
By the way Angie, I still have my fingernails. They are now growing so long I am having trouble with them. It bugs me to type on them, and using the GPS in the airplane is bugging me too. And they are catching on clothes. What do you do at this point? File them down? They look nice, I admit. I finally had to redo the polish yesterday. :) I really ought to take a photo for proof before they're gone.
Kaylee got her 3rd quarter report card in, and she got all "E"s for "Excellence"! Even in art, writing, reading, and playing with other kids. She's doing great, and every quarter she's done just a little bit better until this quarter it was all "A's" so to speak. I'm proud of her! We have parent-teacher conferences coming up here, and Spring Break starts after Friday.
Oh. In the grocery store this morning, I saw my first elderly lady with what could only be fake...accessories. They had to be. 70 year old ladies don't have a chest that perky. In fact, I at 35 don't have a chest that perky. Ladies, I have to tell you, it IS creepy looking to be in your 70's and have the chest of a 20-something. Just so you know. I also got organic milk today. I'd like to get it all the time, but at $7.00 per gallon, I simply can't afford it at the rate Kaylee drinks it. The rate in which she drinks milk makes me want to make sure it's hormone-free milk, but at those prices, sheesh. $3.50 for a half gallon of the stuff. It's like liquid gold or something.
I'm glad to get the battery back for my motorcycle. I hadn't ridden it in quite awhile, but last week I remembered that Kaylee is in school full-time 3 days a week, and I could easily get some riding time in for errands (except the grocery store!) and to go to the airports and back. So Steve's getting it ready for me, because like most things, I like to ride them, but am not always the best with things like charging batteries and airing tires. Not that I couldn't handle it, it's just nice not to have to. :)
Steve also took the first step towards me actually getting a car! It cost me the trip to Huntington today, but I look forward to a vehicle with fewer...issues. The Oldsmobile was a solid, reliable car for these last several years, but these last few months, well, I'll just be pleased to have another car to grow fond of!
No comments:
Post a Comment