Thursday, March 29, 2007

Kaylee Konversations

See, misspellings on purpose are just not funny. ;)

Whew, it sure was one of those blah days. Nothing in particular, I was just worn out.

Kaylee had gymnastics today, and her teacher came out and told me that Kaylee had done very well today, that she had listened and followed directions. I was a little puzzled by that, until the teacher leaned in and said "She was one of the only children here today who did." I made sure to let Kaylee know how much I appreciated her good behavior and her listening skills even though the kids around her were not obeying or listening. It's hard to pay attention when nobody around you is, and I'm proud of her for doing the right thing.

I wonder what the teacher thought of me though, considering I showed up with my hair pulled back weirdly into a bright red ponytail and I had sparkles all over my head. Kaylee had fixed my hair again, and had said I looked SOOOO beautiful, and she asked me if I'd leave it in even to go to gymnastics. She had such a hopeful look on her face that I couldn't say no. So, I sat for an hour at gymnastics with about 50 other people who probably all wondered what on earth I was drinking before I came today. Or maybe since many of them had six year old girls too, just maybe they understood without me having to say anything. :)

So in the car on the way home, Kaylee asks me why Jesus doesn't just get rid of the devil now instead of later. The next question is "but if Jesus leaves the devil alone for awhile, he can hurt people, and get people to follow him, and why would Jesus let him do that if he loves us all?" She's a bright girl. Sometimes I just hope that the answers I have to give on the spur of the moment are...right.

We're about halfway home and there are a bunch of construction cones and flashing signs. From the back seat I hear "Please don't hit anything! Please don't hit anything! Why are there so many destruction signs anyway??" I had to laugh, and this time I didn't correct "destruction" for "construction". It's cute.

Tomorrow is Busy Friday; for now it's 8 pm, time to get the child in bed, and relax a bit. Or work a bit. I really need to print out the business cards for the airports. Yep, gotta do that...

2 comments:

Mom2Morgan.Dylan said...

WTG Kaylee! Now, can she please teach Dylan to be one of the kids to sit quietly and listen? ha ha ha. *sigh*.

Cathy said...

LOL, of course all the other moms understand the hair thing, just like they understand when I show up wearing dark sparkly purple nail polish, or a macaroni necklace....right? (At least I hope they do!!)