Today I got up a bit earlier to try to get Kaylee ready a little earlier, because she had to write out 11 things she was thankful for, and I wasn't well enough Tuesday to mess with it. So this morning she wrote out 11 things that she was thankful for before she ate her breakfast. A cute note, and I'll probably scan it in when I get it back from school tomorrow. Not her best penmanship, but I am not one to complain about another's penmanship, considering my own is pretty horible. ;)
After dropping her off, I still feel like I had legs under me, so I went to the post office, then to the grocery store. One hour and 15 bags and a case later, I'd definitely lost my legs. Got it home, unpacked it, crashed for about 30 minutes. Started in on all my laundry, and at least got it all washed and dried, if not put away yet. (My least favorite part anyway). Did the dishes, you know, "stuff". When I went to go pick up Kaylee at 3, it was raining and cold. Did I ever mention I hate being cold? Particularly cold and wet. Anyway. We got home, and went over her Awanas verses. I mostly took it easy so I could keep up my stamina. Steve got home early tonight, around 6, and he went with me to take Kaylee to Awanas. After I dropped her off (holding my breath so as to not infect anyone else there), Steve and I went to dinner at the Windmill Grill. I had these stuffed blue crabs, and they're actually pretty good for being seafood in the middle of the continent. About 3/4 of the way through the meal, I started fading. We drove around until it was time to pick up Kaylee, grabbed her, headed home. She called Morgan and wished her a Happy Birthday--Morgan is 14 today I think! Yikes! They are growing up too fast! Kaylee had a pretty good day, and me, I'm hanging in there too. :) At least I got a lot more accomplished and wasn't miserable.
Speaking of miserable, tomorrow is Thursday, a short school day for Kaylee, and a day I normally would take her to McDonald's Playland, about once every two weeks or so, and we're due. But man, I'm not sure I can handle that...so I won't bring it up, and we'll see.
Tonight at Awanas, Kaylee said her sections, and got Red Jewel Number Two. She was extra excited though because her team (yellow) also WON for the night. Her team has only won one other night--the very first night--so she was pretty pumped to both win the competition for the night AND get another jewel for her crown for her uniform. I'll have to take a picture of her in her uniform with her jewels next week, and hopefully she'll have another green one next week too. She's so cute. :)
And a CONGRATULATIONS to my friend Anita, who just gave birth to a healthy little girl, Rachel, her 4th child. Well, and her husband Matt gets some congrats too, I guess. ;) Congratulations you guys, I'm thrilled for you!
Until later!
No comments:
Post a Comment