Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I can't believe tomorrow is Thanksgiving. It just does not FEEL like Thanksgiving! It feels like...Thursday. Any Thursday. Weird.

I spent today at the office, until it was time to pick up Kaylee. When I got her, we got her bike out because it was such a pretty, sunshiny day, and we went for a bike ride. Well, SHE rode, I walked. :) She started off in a short-sleeved dress, even though I kept saying "You're going to be cold." We get halfway down the block, and she says "Mommy, I'm cold." Yep. Serves ya right! Yes, of course we went home, and she got her coat. And I have to say, she's worn that butterfly dress for 3 years now. It was bought to match the other little girls going to the First ever SMA Support Gathering in Greenville, South Carolina. All the girls bought and wore the butterfly dress, and part of the proceeds from the dress (CW Kids online) went to FightSMA. So it was doubly meaningful. She was three years old when we got the dress, and she is still wearing it today, as she's about to turn six. That tells you that 1) She's not a ton bigger than she was back then and 2) That is ONE TOUGH DRESS. That girl has worn this dress more than any other dress, it is her favorite and she wears it any time you let her. It has survived a preschooler for all this time in any situation, not just to sedate things like school or church. I'm quite impressed with that thing, let me tell you! So for Durable clothing, visit CW Kids! :) Anyway, we rode bikes for awhile, then hit a deserted road that ended in a chainlink fence with barbed wire on top. She could have crawled under, and wanted to, and I wanted to too, but being forced to be a grown-up these days, I told her no. I did let her try to climb the fence a bit though. She got two handholds up, slid, and fell on her rump. She laid there and was pretty mad for a second, and I tried not to laugh, because I knew she wasn't hurt, and she had a helmet on, wrist guards, knee pads, and a pretty thick coat, but the one place she landed--her rear end--wasn't padded, and she wasn't happy about it. After being appropriately "Aw, I'm sorry you fell", I told her to get up and shake it off, and she huffed about my lack of compassion until she got back on the bike and found something else interesting to look at. It was a pretty day to go riding, and we had a fun time.

When we got back, we watched the Polly Pocket movie, and this time I watched it with Kaylee all the way through, and I have to revise my former opinion. It DID bring up the questions Kaylee asked me, but Polly handled everything in a much more mature and graceful and even spiritual way than any Real kid her age would have. In the appropriate way, actually. So, Polly gets a break. ;)

I added a few new photos to Kaylee's site, just three, but you're welcome to go see them!

No comments: