
Lunch was after that, and we had delicious Italian Surprise by Marilyn Hopper. Around 2:30 I left to go pick up Kaylee at school, and we came home and did our thing for awhile, until 5:30 when it was time to go back to her school for a "Family Chili Dinner Night". They had chicken noodle soup, chili, peanut butter sandwiches, carrots (my contribution) and desserts (some of which I contributed too). Then they had an area for games for the kids, and face-painting. Kaylee did all the games, won some cookies and a ring, and got a rainbow painted on her face. One of the other teachers there came up to me and said that she really enjoyed being around Kaylee, that she had a sweet heart and was very independent. That's always nice to hear.
That reminds me, while we were eating, Kaylee saw one of her classmates there, and it started a conversation about talking too much. She let me know that if you talk too much, Mrs. R. (her teacher) has you go out into the hall for awhile as punishment. I immediately said "So have YOU ever had to go into the hall?" She said "Nope!" (Side note, that shocks me! lol) Then she said "But Christopher (a boy from a different class) had to go into the hall and Mrs. B (a different teacher there) was yelling at him. She made him cry. She was yelling at him SO LOUD that MY CHAIR was VIBRATING!" I kind of blinked and said "Has anyone ever yelled at you?" She said "no". I said "Why was Mrs. B yelling at him?" Kaylee said "He wouldn't stop talking or messing around or yelling and he wouldn't do any of his work and he wouldn't do ANYTHING." I said "We don't think that yelling is the right way to handle stuff, do we." She said "No, and when he started crying, Thomas started crying. And when Thomas started crying, *I* started crying. And when I started crying, EVERYONE started crying. And we were all crying!" I am glad Mrs. B is not Kaylee's teacher. Now I don't know how truthful the yelling thing is, Kaylee has accused me of yelling when I haven't had my voice raised at all, I was just being stern with her and she'd say "Stop yelling at me!" So that may not be accurate. But whatever happened, if an entire class--a different class none-the-less--was crying, it had to be not very pleasant! Kaylee's been SUPER lucky in that she has had two of the best teachers. Patient but strict, gentle but great at getting the kids to listen and learn. I'm thankful that her school experience thus far has been so positive, especially since I know it isn't always that way for kids.
Anyway, above is the rainbow she got painted on her face. :) When we got home, she was Wiped Out. She was whining and mad that she couldn't show her face to Grandma & Grandpa, and I put her to bed a little early even! Tonight I need to collate the airport's statements with the invoices and get them ready to hit the mail, and that's what I'll try to accomplish tonight...
No comments:
Post a Comment