You know what, I sleep MUCH better now that Kaylee's been staying in her own bed even all through the morning. She used to come into our room at some point in the wee hours of the morning, but the last few weeks she's been staying in her room until I come get her or she wakes up at a reasonable hour and comes out. And boy do I sleep better! We have a King-sized bed, so it's not like there's not enough room. But she lays on my hair. And kicks Steve. And tosses around. And it's too early to get up. And okay, it's kind of nice to snuggle a bit in the mornings. But did I mention how much better I'm sleeping lately? Ahhhhhhhhhhhh
Today I was scooping out Roadie's litter box, and Kaylee came out and said "Eeew!" I said, "You know Kaylee, this is going to be your job here. They are your cats, and you can take care of them." She said "No way! I'm not touching that stuff!" I said "Oh yes you will. I had to do it as a kid. Your cousins have to do it. You're going to do it." She said "But YOU found Roadie, not me, so YOU should take care of her litter." I said "Yeah, well YOU found Dulcie." Kaylee snaps back with "Fine, I'll take care of Dulcie's litter and you take care of Roadie's." I must reply with "You can't do Dulcie's, she has a special plastic thingy. I will take care of Dulcie's, and you will take care of Roadie's." Kaylee moans and says "But Mommy, Roadie poops a lot more than Dulcie does!" I laugh and reply that they "go" about the same amount, you just don't see Dulcie's because her litterbox is self-cleaning. Kaylee is totally disgusted with the idea of cleaning out the litter box. Me? I just think it's funny. The circle of life comes around, my dear. I had to do it, so by George YOU have to do it, and some day you can make YOUR kid do it. And smile, like I am!
In fact, she asked me today "When do *I* get to be the mom??" I said "When you grow up and get married and have kids of your own." She said "That is a LONG time to not be in charge of anything Mom!" I said "You're in charge of lots of stuff, and if you do a good job with them you will get to be in charge of even more stuff." She wasn't very appeased by that.
I took her to school today, started in on my pile of laundry, got the dishes done and about half the laundry, picked up, then headed out to the office. I was there until about lunch, met up with Steve, Chuck & Nathan at Applebees for lunch, had myself a great old headache going. It's been here all stinking day. Not quite a migraine because Chuck gave me some Aleve that held it at bay for awhile, but I felt when the Aleve wore off. Anyway, went home after lunch and worked on laundry and the computer until it was time to get Kaylee. Got several websites caught up finally, got several emails caught up, got quite a bit of SMA Support stuff caught up. Now the BBQ Bash is coming up this Friday-Sunday, and we are going to be swamped until about a week after it's over!
Kaylee misquote: We were on our way to kindergarten this morning, and she sings from the back seat "Happy Trailings To You..." (instead of Happy Trails to you). And last night on the radio she caught the words to a song repeating in the background and decided to try to sing along. "There's gonna be a party tonight, a party tonight..." In reality it was the Eagles--"There's gonna be a heartache tonight." It was funny and I like the Eagles-but I still shut it off!
I'm going to hit "Headline News" on Leno and then hit the bed finally to kick this headache!
No comments:
Post a Comment