above that was clear as a bell, beautiful blue skies. Other than an ATC lady who could have used a clue, it was a terrific flight. When we landed, we ate at a Cafe right there on field, looked around a bit, got gas, took a couple of pictures, and headed for home. Also uneventful and pretty! I got home, went to the Post Office, got a Diet Coke, and headed home to Kaylee who was happy to see me even if she didn't think she would be. ;) Now I'm trying to catch up on my 200 emails from the day, dropped in a load of laundry, did a load of dishes, and am now trying to figure out what to eat for supper now that it's almost 9 pm. Long day, but nice. I always enjoy going on trips with Chuck, we usually have fun. I call it more a PIC thing. Not "pilot in command", but "partner in crime". :) I'm supposed to head back out to Kansas maybe Friday or Saturday, weather permitting...Also today, a little girl named Baylee Grace passed away. She was 15 months old, and had SMA. She was doing well, but choked while she was in the care of a babysitter and her parents were gone. The babysitter called 911, but by the time they got Baylee stabilized, she had suffered severe brain damage. Today her parents took her off of the ventilator, and Baylee went home. I feel so badly for the parents who will feel guilt even though it wasn't their fault; for the babysitter who will have to live with being the one there when it happened for the rest of her life. What a hard thing for everyone. I'm sure prayers for the family would be appreciated.
No comments:
Post a Comment